Telephone: 01295 - 369041 Mobile: 07912 - 673928 Email: email@example.com
- Ensure there is proper ventilation in the room
- Have the chimney swept regularly whatever fuel you use, to prevent build up of soot or ash.
- Never leave an open fire unattended without a fire-guard.
- Keep hair and clothes away from flames.
- Always use a securely fitted fire-guard whenever children/animals are at home.
Tips for enjoying your open fire
- Light the fire with matches, fire-lighters, paper and kindling.
- Build the fire gradually and don’t over load it. Leave air pockets in the pyramid.
- Empty and check the ash can every day. A build up of ash reduces the ventilation under the fire and makes it less effective.
- Do not throw household rubbish on an open fire.
- Keep fuel to hand in a scuttle or basket, but not too close to the flames.